Google Impact Challenge – Disabilities Platform
The Google Impact Challenge – Disabilities is an ongoing online platform to showcase the various efforts Google is undertaking to make the world a better place for people with disabilities. Created in 9 languages and WCAG 2.0 AA compliant, it catalogues a number of initiatives while also allowing people to get involved and contribute in a variety of ways.
An interactive touch screen (also WCAG 2.0 AA compliant) was also created for display at the L.A. Special Olympics 2015. It facilitated user submissions (on initiative related topics) via Android tablets.
- • WCAG 2.0 AA Compliance lead - education and implementation of standards
- • Key authority for education and best practices on Google web design principles and Material Design
- • Led multiple workshops (both internal and with clients) to ensure collaboration and signoff of ideas and UX
- • Ongoing optimization & maintenance of the site over 18 months
- • Ownership of all budgets and timelines
- • Oversight and collaboration of all wireframe creation and IA work
- • Collaboration and oversight of all analytics, reporting and recommendations for future updates
- • Responsible for updating all internal stakeholders on progress and updates
- • Oversight and review of all reporting/analytics
- • Creation of all scope and technical documentation with Google Brand Studio teams
- • Partnering with Google security engineers for hosting and engineering requirements